When it comes to mental health, it may be hard to believe that a personal trainer can be the best medicine, but at B5 our purpose is to change your life for the better. Our mission is that you not only reach your physical goals through exercise but develop a healthier mind in the process.
With all that is occurring throughout the world today, it is no surprise that there is a historic rise in mental health issues. An estimated 5% of people worldwide suffer from depression.
For many years physical and mental health were seen as two separate areas. However, recently there’s been a positive shift in the way mental health is viewed and approached. This has led to more initiatives aimed at helping people to understand and sustain their well-being. In addition, greater focus is now being placed on the way physical activity can support mental health.
Statistics show that people who struggle with stress, anxiety, and/or depression are more successful in reaching their goals with the guidance from a personal trainer. While working with a trainer, the benefits stem beyond someone simply designing an exercise plan for you.
So what are the benefits of a personal trainer?
- Keep you accountable- When you’re alone it’s all too easy to skimp on your workout. If someone is there to guide you it’s a game changer.
- Push you out of your comfort zone- Maybe you wouldn’t have even attempted that much weight on the squat rack if it wasn’t for your trainer to encourage you.
- Reach your fitness goals faster and injury free- Proper form is everything when it comes to exercise. You won’t reach your goals with an injury.
- Get the tools you need to promote healthy lifestyle changes- What you do in everyday life is equally as important as what you do in the gym. A trainer will help you create healthy habits that can lead to less stress, anxiety, and an increase in overall happiness.
- Receive encouragement and support that can help you build lasting confidence- Having someone rooting for you from the sidelines so important. A trainer’s continued support will give you the boost you need to be unstoppable.
It is vital to recognize the importance of mental health and what you can do to prevent it. Your health is a priority, both physically and mentally. Take the next step and learn how you change your life today.